Catholic School Fears Harry Potter Spells
Hello October 14, 2019, 03:43:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic School Fears Harry Potter Spells  (Read 950 times)
(Hidden)

« on: September 04, 2019, 12:36:08 am »

St. Andrews Catholic School in Nashville has banned Harry Potter books, and the winning quote comes from their pastor, the Rev. Dan Reehil:

"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the texts."

Here's a list of Harry Potter spells:

https://www.hypable.com/harry-potter/list-of-spells/

Potter fans in the house?

Are there any existing spells you would apply to this situation, or would you invent a new spell to cast on these educators?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:15:57 am »

I always shake my head when I read these stories.   

I wish all believers were like my mother in law, who believes in Jesus but none of the silliness. 
1x Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 07:24:20 pm »

The existing spell you're looking for is "Confundus"
It confuse a person... but in this case I think that there's a bigger change that it'll make that pastor smarter.

According to Pottermore I'm a Ravenclaws myself Cheesy

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:19:55 pm »

I am what you called a non practicing Roman Catholic, I was schooled in a Catholic School from nursery up to college, but the order who ran our school does not give a shit about this from my time way back up to now (Our country's priests and nuns are more interested in politics which they absolutely knew nothing about Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)

The term Avada Kedavra or the killing curse in Harry Potter is of Aramaic origin (the tongue of Jesus) which means "let the thing be destroyed" BUT it is used to heal or cure illness and the "thing" is the illness. JK Rowling used it negatively.
1x Exclamation point

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:56:34 pm »

Are there any existing spells you would apply to this situation, or would you invent a new spell to cast on these educators?

I'd cast Riddikulus, but it may not be necessary...
1x Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled